Monday, October 21, 2013

Ultimate Carpet Cleaner

Today I was mixing up a batch of my special stain killing carpet refreshing spray when it dawned on me that I should share how much I love this concoction. I know I can't be alone in the category of being a death zone stain scrubbing spaz; maybe I am but who cares. This mixture is easy and works well. Prior to purchasing our home we rented and I wasn't about to lose a deposit over something as simple as keeping the carpets clean! 

I took an old woolite bottle that I had from when I thought that was the holy grail carpet cleaner (It kind of lightened my carpets though...not cool)! I fill it up basically to the neck add 4 tablespoons of baking soda and approximately 3/4 cup Rug Doctor for steam cleaners. 

An example, is my laundry room rug. This green thing is the catch all rug that's placed in front of the door that brings you from our garage. It's apparently super absorbent and I suppose that's a rather good thing because the filth isn't being dragged through the rest of the house.


 As you can see its partial to collecting stains although these pictures don't really show you the true depth of color for these stains. All you need is this mixture and a scrub brush. 


Completely wet down the stained area. I wet down the whole rug (it was looking pretty rough)! I scrubbed until it looked as if it was lifting and gone then allowed for it to dry. 


This picture above is of the carpet wet still after being scrubbed. Below is after I allowed it to dry. 



Try it out if your looking for something new! The ingredients provide for numerous bottles of spray to be made also. I'm sure one could substitute the rug doctor for another carpet cleaning solution too. I've tested and use this on my carpets and love it, however, this isn't a guaranteed stain lifter.

If you have any concoctions you'd like to share please comment I'm always looking for something new! 

Please note: I concocted another batch in an old windex bottle because after a year and a half my old woolite bottle expired it's trust worthiness, most likely from the baking soda building up and the windex bottle had an extremely hard time holding up, maybe I tossed too much baking soda into the mix ... Lol who knows but this concoction requires a durable bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment